Greek School Network and Networking Technologies Directorate (GSN-NTS)
GSN-NTS (http://nts.cti.gr) is one of the 8 CTI (Computer Technology Institute and Press “Diophantus”) directorates. GSN-NTS field of expertise is the design and implementation of network structures, telematics, cloud services and grid technologies.
Through GSN-NTS's involvement in research and development of various pioneering projects, GSN-NTS has a major role in the development of network technology and telematic services. Therefore, GSN-NTS serves a substantial role in shaping the future policy of the network technology and services in Greece.
The activities of the Directorate include:
- Planning, development and management of large-scale broadband networks
- Planning, development and operation of advanced e-services and Internet applications for Education and e-Government
- Support and training of Internet services users
- Planning, development and operation of cloud and grid technologies
- Provision of technical advisor services on issues concerning planning and implementation of network infrastructures and services
- Research in the above scientific fields
- Networking Technologies and Infrastructures
- Systems and cloud management
- Web-development applications
- Support and Education.
The personnel of NTS constitutes of high specialization and experience executives. Concretely it is constituted of:
- Academic staff
- Computer Engineers (holding PhD and MSc)
- Technology Engineers
- Computer and Network Technicians, State I.E.K.
- Undergraduate Students
Greek School Network and Networking Technologies Directorate is directed by Paraskevas Michael, Assistant Professor at Computer and Informatics Engineering Department of Technological Educational Institute of Western Greece. Scientific director is Varvarigos Emmanouel, professor of Computer Engineering & Informatics Department, University of Patras where he heads the Communication Networks Lab.