Greek School Network and Networking Technologies Directorate
The main activities of Greek School Network and Networking Technologies Directorate (GSN-NTS) of Computer Technology Institute and Press “Diophantus” (CTI) are the design, implementation and support of network infrastructures and Internet services. Through its involvement in pioneer National and European research and development projects, GSN-NTS has a major role in the development of network infrastructures and services, and Internet services as well in Greece, especially those concerning school networks and ICT infrastructures at schools.
The activities of the Directorate include:
- The planning, development and operation of large-scale broadband networks and networking services, especially those of Greek School Network.
- The planning, development and operation of advanced e-services and Internet applications for Education and e-Government.
- The provision of support and training services to Internet services users.
- The provision of technical advisor services on issues concerning the planning and implementation of network infrastructures and Internet services at schools.
- The planning, development and operation of cloud and grid infrastructures.
- The conduction of Research at the area of networking technologies.
The Directorate is in strong collaboration with many Universities, Technological Institutes, Research Institutes and Organizations not only in Greece, but also abroad for the implementation of various research and development projects. GSN-NTS has long and specialized experience in networking and Internet technologies and manages a large scale of network and computing infrastructures.
Greek School Network and Networking Technologies Directorate was established in 2011, following the Networking Technologies Sector that has been established in 1999.